Saturday, June 21, 2008

Let Us Now Praise Farm Bloomington (Again)

Loyal Readers, I felt compelled to post about our fabulous dining experience last evening. Chris and I had dinner at Farm and it was SO SO SO good.

The man pictured at left, Daniel Orr, is the gifted chef and owner of Farm. His food is creative and fresh and his seasonings are always light handed. The dishes are interesting but never overly fussy. Just about everything I have ever had - well, now that I think about it - EVERYTHING I've ever had at Farm has been superb.

Last night, to start, I enjoyed fresh (FRESH!!) spring rolls with a Thai peanut sauce that had complexity and zip. Chris opted for the soup special, a broth based kale and kielbasa combination that was really hearty and tasty without being heavy. For my entree, I got the seared Ahi Tuna with gingered bok choy and jasmine coconut rice. All I can say is YUM. YUM. YUM. There were two sauces on the plate and I have no idea what they were but every time I took a bite, I moaned in pleasure. Racy, I know, but what's a BloomingtonGirl to do? I really could not help myself. Chris ordered the Walleye special and it, too, was perfect. We split a dessert that was everything a dessert should be. I think that they make the best desserts in town. Hands Down No Contest. And we all know I am a tough judge when it comes to dessert.

As always, the atmosphere was light and comfortable. The music in the background was at just the right volume and the noise level from the diners around us was perfect as well. The acoustics in Farm are an excellent blend of lively and quiet. You can have a conversation with your dinner partner without raising your voice even a smidge and you don't feel as if anyone can overhear you like you might at some stuffy overly fancy place.

The tables decor is whimsical, fun and casual, but still creates the feeling that you are in a really nice restaurant. The service is good - our waitress last night was particularly good. Each time I go there, I feel well taken care of, well fed, relaxed and festive.

Yes, this post reads a bit like an amateur restaurant review, but I couldn't help myself. I cannot wait to go back. It had been too long since I had been there last and I'm not letting that happen again.

Go to Farm, Loyal Readers and make sure you make room for dessert!

No comments: