Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Happy

Loyal Readers, I write from the wonderful outdoor IU pool.  I am comfortably ensconced in the shade and can even feel that rarest of summer day wonders in Indiana, a gentle breeze that isn't hot.  Jack and two friends are playing contentedly - at least for now.  There is nobody here I know, so you have me all to yourselves, Loyal Ones, until I turn my attention to my script.  

It is moments like these when I feel a surge of happiness, when I feel the generosity of the universe smiling on me.  I could attribute this surge to some kind of spiritual experience but it more likely has sprung from the simple elation over having some mental space to myself after spending the day with my son who happens to be very VERY talkative;  who has a rather extreme case of motor mouth today.  I imagine that it is similar to being around me when I am in that mode.  How has my husband borne it all these years?  Do you think that he might have secret earplugs?  If I were he, I might.

Well, that's all for now, folks.  Time to buckle down and do some non-blog writing.  More later on this BloomingtonGirl station.

No comments: