Sunday, August 09, 2009

Pizza, Appaloosa & Puffy Face

Okay, so it isn't round and the picture isn't that great. BUT, this pizza was a huge milestone for your BloomingtonGirl. I finally (finally!) was able to make a pizza that had a crisp and chewy crust that was not soggy. The tomatoes and basil are from my husband's garden. Alas, he did not grow the wheat in the crust. Give it a couple of years, though, and he'll probably start doing that as well. Last week he started talking about keeping bees, much to my discomfort. What's next? Goats? Cows? Isn't there some kind of zoning that would save me from too much farm life?

Anyway, we finished watching the movie Appaloosa tonight and I have to say that it was one of the better movies I've seen in a good long while. Ed Harris, Viggo Mourtensen & Jeremy Irons. I'd pay to watch them read the phone book. The only downside was Renee Zellweger. What is wrong with her face? It is so puffy. It looks as puffy as mine would look in the morning if I were to eat an entire bag of chips (preferably the kettle cooked kind, salt and black pepper flavor) and drink a few beers (a very hoppy pale ale) the night before. Of course, I would never do such a thing, Loyal Readers, but you get the idea.

Well, I'm off to bed with a book of Edward Albee plays and my husband. Stay tuned for more in the thrilling life of BloomingtonGirl.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum!

zenabu said...

I'm so glad you're back!

Anonymous said...

but did you see her in Cold Mountain? She was awesome!
FOK

So glad to read your blog again. Can't get the facebook thing. Old non-friends friending me... it's weird!