Monday, September 14, 2009

Ribollita

Loyal and Patient Readers, this is a picture of the Ribollita I am preparing this evening. I had never heard of Ribollita until our daughter, Katelyn, came back from a visit to Florence. She said she'd had it and wanted me to find a recipe and make it. The translation is "Tuscan Bean Soup". I found a simple recipe on the web and whipped up a batch. It was divine and since then, I make several batches a year. This year is rather special because most of the produce in the mix, with the exception of the garlic and cabbage, is from our garden. Zucchini, kale, chard, potatoes, yellow squash, green beans, leeks. I even used my homemade tomato paste, which was, if I may say so, superb. The recipe is deceptively simple. There are no added spices except for salt and pepper and yet, the flavor of the finished soup is complex and satisfying. I think it comes from the slow sweating of the vegetables. It must bring out the hidden magical flavors. Here is the link for the recipe for those interested. La Ribollita It is a cinch to make and is SO good.
Now, here is a picture of my amazing husband. As of September 6, we've been married 12 years. I can honestly say that with every year that passes, he becomes more beloved to me. I know that might sound sickly sweet to some, but it is just the plain truth. He is truly the finest man I know.
Now, here is another photo, taken from the car in north Indy. From the road, the C in CANAL is much less visible than in this photo. I think it is time for them to fix their C. Anal Gardens is not good marketing, people, unless you want to attract a certain type of tenant.

In other news, Oh Loyal Ones, I am trying like hell to finish my full length play entitled, Over the Moon. I have set an end of the month deadline for first draft completion. I will report on this very blog if I've been able to complete it.

In other other news, I must recommend two poets to my loyal readers: Frank Giampietro and Gregory Fraser. They are wonderful, period. Buy their books at Amazon.com.

That's all for now. I know, I know...this has been a boring post.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't see the recipe. Looks good and soups don't waste any nutrition!

BloomingtonGirl said...

If you click on "La Ribollita" in the blog, it will bring you to the page with the recipe. If that doesn't work, here it is:

http://www.divinacucina.com/code/ribollita.html