Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I love my little guy and some great spaghetti

This picture was taken recently at a family wedding. It isn't the best representation of either of us but we sure are happy and what is better than that?

Loyal Readers, your BloomingtonGirl took a nap today and it was delicious. It is something that I don't normally do, but for some reason, I woke up at 5:00 AM, all stressed out and couldn't get back to sleep for way too long. I needed the nap and slept like the dead, though without the all knowing thing that comes with (I hope) being actually dead.

In other news, I am on a media free diet as much as it is possible in this world. I just cannot stomach all the politics and hyping and stupidity that passes for news these days. There is a part of me that feels guilty about not being actively participating as a citizen of the world, but I just can't do it right now. I apologize to my fellow Americans. There.

Your BloomingtonGirl is not one to boast (what?) but she will tonight. Dinner was, if I may say, superb! I made a simple pasta sauce by sauteing (on low) a very small white onion and a carrot in olive oil and then adding frozen tomatoes (from our garden). To that, I added some dried parsley and basil and salt an pepper. I boiled up some whole wheat spaghetti and tossed with a little butter and olive oil and added the sauce. A little grated cheese and we were right in Italy. Or IT-lee as some people say. Delishioso.

In other news, tonight is our switch to flannel sheets. Take that, nature.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is Delishioso to have you return, however briefly, to some details of your exquisite attention to/execution of domestic life. MKP