Tuesday, February 09, 2010

So much going on

Hello, Loyal Readers! Your BloomingtonGirl has been in a whirl (she might do a twirl). Here are some photos to prove it. The first two are from my below mentioned play produced in Albuquerque at the Vortex Theatre and the third is a picture of your BloomingtonGirl at the Diva Show:





Seriously, it has been a very very busy couple of months since my last posting. I have been to Albuquerque to see one of my short plays produced in a Women's Writing Festival (it was good!) and I scripted a show for The Grateful Divas, a quartet of uber talented Ladies. We did the show as a benefit for Cardinal Stage Co. and raised over $5000. How cool is that?

I sit here this evening, listening to my son practice piano and sipping an extra-dry martini. The snow is still blowing around outside. Today was a snow day for my little guy. I am beyond grateful that I shared child care with a sister mother. I got the kids in the AM, she got them in the afternoon. I was able to do some rewrites of my play. Heaven. I am not the kind of mother who can enjoy a full day cooped up with her offspring. I freely admit that I am not a model maternal unit. I'm okay with that some days. Other days, I feel absolutely unfit. The bottom line, though, is that my kid still has it better than most. Right? (Don't hesitate to reassure your BloomingtonGirl. I am nothing if not an insecure mass of jelly.)

In other news, I have three readings for my full length play coming up. It is beyond exciting. I need to do rewrites and start another. And, from an unrelated "to-do list", I should also finish sewing together the pieces of a sweater I finished knitting about 12 years ago. Pathetic? Yes. I know.

Valentines Day is coming up. Don't forget to romance your ladies, loyal male readers. They want to be romanced, even if they say they don't. Trust me on this one.



No comments: