Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Getting My Kid Ready for Sleep Away Camp - Part 2

Here is your BloomingtonGirl with her son holding a turtle. This was taken at the Grand Cayman Turtle Farm last month. The photo has nothing to do with my post today. I just thought I would share it.

Today, I continued to get my kid ready for sleep away camp. Mostly I gathered the outstanding items he needs and listened to him grouse while he tried them on. It's clear to me that we are both anxious about camp, but we pretend that we aren't. I think that my husband is a little anxious as well but he has a policy, something to the effect that discussing anxiety provoking topics worsens one's anxiety and leads to thinking of all the things that might not go so well.

Believe it or not, I'm with him on this one, and I think that the proper way to go is to put one foot in front of the other without too much thought.

In that spirit, I am going to bed to read something that has nothing to do with summer camps.



No comments: