Thursday, June 24, 2010

Getting My Kid Ready for Sleep-Away Camp (Part 4)

Here's a picture of Jack with his house of cards a couple weeks ago.

Tonight is our last night at home before leaving to take Jack to camp, Loyal Readers. (!!!!!)

We depart tomorrow after Chris gets out of work. Jack is ready - as ready as anyone his age could be for this sort of adventure. His sisters keep calling to answer his questions and give him advice. It's very sweet. I can't remember whether I mentioned this before, so bear with me, but both Kate and Meg went to this camp for years and then became counsellors. So did Phil, Kate's husband. It's so cool that Jack can have this experience in common with them.

After we drop Jack, we will go to the Sagamore for a day of pampering and relaxation and then on to Montreal and Ottawa for the first vacation we've had without Jack since we had that lovely week in Cleveland when Chris's heart was opened and repaired. I don't think that counts as a vacation, especially for my husband.

Well, I am off to bed. More updates to come.


No comments: