Monday, June 28, 2010

Random Photos of the Drop off Day

Loyal Readers, it was a very long drive to camp. We picked Kate up along the way - she took a bus from NY. Fortunately, my driving sometimes makes my husband nervous, so he tends to like to drive. Here he is, steady behind the wheel in his extra cool sunglasses.














Here's the intrepid Katie, smart in her very cool jacket we picked out together on my last trip to Manhattan. I don't know what we would have done without her on this trip.


And, there's Jack, in his traveling get up, wondering what is in store for him at camp.














Here's Jack again, showing his nervous excitement as we approach the camp road. I was busy mentally stopping my full blown anxiety attack at that time.














This photo is of the area where the boys can congregate during free time. And, last but not least, a photo of Jack (choking back tears of terror) and one of his counsellors, Dustin, and his new friend who couldn't be any funnier and cuter. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

pt said...

I remember being driven to my first overnight camp. My mom helped me pack for what felt like an expedition to a foreign country. My dad, bless him, never wore sunglasses, although he did appear very steady behind the wheel of the Oldsmobile.
I, on the other hand, felt like I imagine Magellan felt before casting off for the ends of the earth. I knew overnight camp was a rite of passage and hoped to hell it would be right for me. Good for you all.
Cant wait to read the further adventures of Jack The Intrepid Camper.