Monday, October 11, 2010

Warming Up

Happy Monday, Loyal Readers! I am enjoying a delicious Oatmeal Jackson and a cup of coffee as I write. It had been many moon since I made these cookies and I'd forgotten how good - nay, DAMNED good- they are. They are better a couple of days after baking, weirdly enough. But that makes them the perfect cookie for shipping to Loyal Readers and friends.

I decided to post today not because I have anything terribly interesting to say, but because I needed a warm up exercise to get my writing muscles going. I have so many plot sketches swirling around in my little bean but nothing is wrapping itself around a play just yet. It could be that I just don't have any more work in me and that I should go back to baking as a creative outlet. But, I'm not ready to give it up just yet. Today, I am free until late afternoon and am going to use at least a good hour of that time to write something. Maybe a ten-minute piece of some kind.

The morning has been nicely productive. I biked to the Y, worked out with my friend Deb, and biked home. I feel so mighty and happy when I ride my bike. My friend Cindy said it right when she said that biking for her was a "kind of freedom she can't find anywhere else". I agree wholeheartedly. I feel free, young and joyous. It's even better - dare I say it - than a great new pair of boots! (I know! Who is this BloomingtonGirl?)

Well, that's enough of this for now. I'm going to get some work done. I wanted to post some pictures of the lovely parties I attended this weekend but those from the first came out badly and I forgot my camera for the second. Next time...

No comments: