Friday, October 07, 2011

Your BloomingtonGirl Needs You...Okay, She Needs Your Money

Loyal Readers,  you are probably wondering what the picture to the left signifies.  Has your BloomingtonGirl become a baseball player?  A baseball fan?  A photographer of balls on a plate?

No, silly ones.  This picture is part of a promotion for the Bloomington Playwrights Project Annual PlayOffs!  On Friday October 21, nine playwrights will assemble at the BPP in the early evening and will be thrown a "pitch"  consisting a line of dialogue and a prop that must be incorporated into a ten minute play. The playwrights then draft directors and actors to be on their team.  THEN, we head home to write fast because the script has to be submitted by 7AM the next morning so the directors and actors can rehearse.  The play goes up that very same night.  Phew!  It's a whirlwind.

Your BloomingtonGirl wrote (a brilliant short play) for this event a couple of years ago and had a great time doing it.  This time, Your BloomingtonGirl want to raise lots of money because it's a good cause and (mostly) because Your BloomingtonGirl is CRAZY COMPETITIVE!

Here's where you come in, Loyal Ones.  Click on the link below and support me by donating some green to the cause in my name.  Make sure to mention that you are donating because you love your BloomingtonGirl, or if you prefer,  you can donate in the name of my alias, Joni McGary.  Now, here's the exciting part:  (are you ready?)

For each donation of $25 or more, you will receive a dozen of your favorite cookies, brownies or muffins from your BloomingtonGirl's very own

 LuckyGuy Bakery

(Think HoosierMama Brownies, Oatmeal Jacksons, Spicy Chocolate Snaps, Amazing Chocolate Chip Cookies, HomeMade English Muffins, Biscotti...)

I will keep tabs on who is donating and contact you OR you can send me an email with your email and your address.

Please do this!  I want to send you cookies and I know you want to have them.  I know it.

Here's the link:


I thank you from the bottom of my heart and I know that you will thank me from the bottom of your tummy.


1 comment:

Paul Tamburello said...

As a pre-emptive New Year Resolution I am getting caught up on mailbox reading...let me know if a contribution would still help. Gotta support Bloomington Girl with cash, recipes, prayer, voodoo, whatever...